By using or viewing our site you agree not to opted-out of advertising personalization on Save by swap through the AdChoice program.
2. What personal information do we collect?
You can visit our site without registering for an account. When you decide to provide us with your personal information, you agree that such information is sent to and stored on our servers. We collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our site, use our services and or reply to ads or other content, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment that provides access. This information includes, but is not limited to:
• information from your interaction with our Website and Services, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from www.tradebyswap.com, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
• information we collect through cookies, web beacons and similar technologies.
Information you provide to us: We collect and store any information you enter on our site or that you provide to us when you use our services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
• information that you provide to us when you register for an account or for the services that you use;
• additional information that you may provide to us through social media sites or third-party services;
• information provided in the context of dispute resolution, correspondence through our site or correspondence that is sent to us;
• information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device, and
• your resume if you choose to submit it to us for consideration through our careers page
Information from other sources: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and add this to our account information. This information includes, but is not limited to: demographic data, navigation data, additional contact data and additional data about you from other sources, such as public authorities, to the extent permitted by law.
3. How we use your personal information
You agree that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide you access to our services and customer support by means of e-mail or telephone;
• to personalize, measure and improve our services, content and ads;
• to consider you as a potential candidate if you choose to upload your resume through our careers page.
Sharing information with and registration on social media sites
We may choose to the site to publish you add or share information with third party social media websites, such as Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter.
We may share your personal information with:
• service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide our services on the website, such as financial service providers, marketing agencies and technical support. In such cases, the personal information shall remain under the control of Save by swap. If you are listing an ad, your listing or business address may be displayed on a map in your ads via Google Maps and therefore transferred to Google (refer to the Google Privacy Notice for more info).
o to comply with legal obligations or a court order; or
o if this is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses, such as fraud, deceit or prosecution, or
o if it is necessary to maintain our policies or to protect the rights and freedoms of others.
• other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via Save by swap, e.g., in the framework of a cooperation;
• companies that we intend to merge with in the context of a re-organisation or that acquire us;
• an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that an advertisement violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser
Without limitation to the foregoing, we shall moreover – in our efforts to respect your privacy and to keep the website free of malicious persons or parties – not disclose your personal information to third parties without a court order or formal request from the government in accordance with applicable law, unless we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to prevent impending injury or financial damages or to report alleged illegal activities.
Information you share on www.tradeby swap.com
Our site allows users to share advertisements and other information with other users, thereby making this shared information accessible to other users. Since our site enables you to directly contact a user, we recommend that you consider how you share your personal information with others. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through our site as well as outside or site related to content or material or services advertised on our site and therefore, we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of the information shared by you with other users.
Sharing of Your Personal Information with Third Parties
When using a publisher’s site, information collected about you and your interactions with the content may be shared with third party advertising partners (“partner networks”). The purpose of sharing this information with our partner networks is to make your experience of a publisher’s site more personalized. This is specifically for the purpose of marketing and targeted advertising. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) for EU citizens and the Californian Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for Californian residents, you have the right to opt-out of, delete and/or request copies of any data collected from you.
4. Marketing Purposes
You agree that we may use the information collected by us to send you offers, whether personalized or not, or to contact you by telephone regarding content, material or services offered by Save by swap
When you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences in your account, or follow the unsubscribe link in the marketing communication you received.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization using your personal information or retargeting/tracking programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement, and use the opt-out mechanism. This does not necessarily mean that no advertisements will be shown to you. It simply means that these advertisements will not be personalized for you by means of cookies, web beacons or similar technologies.
6. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
We cannot modify your personal information or account information. You can modify your own information by logging into your account. When you place a classified ad, you may not be able to change your listing or delete your message. If you want to close your account (where applicable) with us, please send us a request. We will process your request within a reasonable period of time and process your personal information in accordance with applicable law. Alternatively, you can also contact Customer Support to access your personal information stored by us that is not directly accessible on our site, unless we are not required to provide access under applicable law. We may charge a fee to compensate costs; however the fee shall not exceed the amount permitted by law. If your information is factually incorrect or incomplete or irrelevant for the purposes for which we process your information, you can request us to modify or delete your information. Such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable law. If you have any questions, please contact us.
7. Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, if you believe your account has been abused, please contact us.
We retain personal information no longer than is legally permissible and delete personal information when it is no longer necessary for the purposes as described above.
8. Other information
Abuse and unsolicited commercial communications (“spam”)
We do not tolerate abuse of our site. You do not have permission to add other users to your mailing list (e-mail or postal) for commercial purposes, even if a user has communicated or exchanged material or services with you, unless the user has given his explicit consent. If you notice that someone is abusing our site (spam or spoof emails), please notify us.
It is not allowed to use our member-to-member communication resources to send spam or content that violates our terms and policies in any other way. For your security, we may scan messages automatically and check for spam, viruses, phishing and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content. We do not permanently store messages sent through these resources.
Do Not Track
Save by swap, does track its customers over time and across third-party Apps to provide intelligent advertising, and does not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. In addition, some third-party sites may keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.